Governments, corporations and citizens---everyone is responsible to the environmental problems today. Since each problem is not caused by a single player, it is crucial for us to cooperate to solve the problems; we need the corporations to manage and use their technologies in the right way, we need the governments to set rules and laws that match the environmental situation today. Now is the time that all the players in our society cooperate towards one goal - to build a sustainable future society.
We have been committed to work for environmental challenges for 25 years, which made us possible to carry out various projects covering the wide area; from environmental research to disaster relief activities, both nationally and internationally.
|Features of Whole Earth Nature School
Professionalism based on 25-year experience
We take pride in taking a leading role among 2000 nature schools in Japan, in the areas of nature experience, environmental education, regional development and ecotourism.
Total Coordination from Planning to Operation
We are able to deliver your plans with our experience in the field (200 days in the field).
From Mt.Fuji to the world
With our school branches and the nation-wide network of Environmental organizations, we are able to work on projects throughout Japan and the world.
With our 25-year experience, we have been carrying out wide-range of projects. The followings are the 9 categories of our projects, which we have worked on by clients’ requests. We meet various needs of our clients; from the programs of nature experience and regional development, to making political proposals.
1. International Cooperation and Assistance
We support developing countries in corporation with their governments and NGOs on site. Mainly in Asia, we train guides at national parks and conduct environmental education programs. Also, in collaboration with Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), we undertake the project of human resource development in developing counties.
- training for Environmental educators, learning through real-life experience in nature (JICA)
- dispatch of experts at ecosystem conservation(JICA)
- developing resources for environmental education at developing counties (JICA)
for details ＞＞＞International Cooperation
2. Planning and Operating Nature Experiencing programs
Throughout Japan, we provide pre-arranged and order-made programs in the field of nature experience and environmental education. We provide the best program for participants, considering the type of the field, participants’ characteristics and the group size.
3. Training Environmental Education Practitioners
We provide personnel training programs, which satisfies both professionals and non-professionals, such as volunteers, and public and private sectors.
- Environmental Education programs to lift up environmental consciousness of employees (at office or neighborhood area)
- Teambuilding (pre-working, freshmen training, professional training)
- Training professionals for nature experiencing activities
- Training volunteer eco leaders at companies
4. Regional Empowerment
We help local communities by making master plan, conducting research for natural and human resources in a region, and training personnel.
- Conducting human resources development programs, undertaking central and regional governments’ personnel training projects
- Planning and implementing regional development through Ecotourism at extensive areas of farming villages
For details ＞＞＞ regional development
5. Natural Environment Research and Study
We research, study and build systems for sustainable use of natural environment.
- Potential research of utilizing company-owned forest and finding resources for nature experience
- Setting and operating guidelines for the ecological use of fields
6. Research and Study of Ecotourism
We research, develop programs and assist conducting “Ecotourism”. Ecotourism promotes regional economy while respecting regional culture and natural l environment.
- Project of Ecotourism-based regional development model in Kobe area (Ministry of the Environment)
- Research on the methods of promoting Ecotourism at National Parks
- Assisting operation of Japan Ecotourism Society
- Research and Eco-tour guide training hosted by Okinawa, Shizuoka prefecture and other local governments.
For details ＞＞＞Ecotourism research
7. Policy Studies and Policy Proposals
We draft bills and devise policy proposals for the national and local governments. Also, we make proposals for promoting CSR as an advisory.
- The Basic Law of Environmental Education, original draft (2004)
- Law to promote Ecotourism, original draft
- Consultation concerning writing Corporations’Environmental report.
8. Disaster Relief Activities
We help victims of natural disasters in and outside Japan. We use the techniques of survival and communication between human and nature.
- setting and operating volunteer center at Higashi nada high school upon Kobe earthquake
- setting and operating volunteer center at Kawaguchi ward on Niigata earthquake
- supporting Ache upon Indonesia Sumatra earthquake (mental care program for children)
- In July of 2007, a powerful earth quake hit the coast of Peru. Our Peruvian-Japanese staff and another staff member visited Peru and provided programs for school children to release their stress in the situation. We gave some donation to the comunities.
For details ＞＞＞Disaster Relief Activities
9. Developing Networks of Environmental Organizations
- setting and managing “Japan Environmental Education Forum“ (JEEF)
- founded “National Ecotourism Center“ with other specialists in the field of Ecotourism in Japan (NEC)
- setting and managing “Council for Outdoor & Nature Experiences” (CONE)